Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some Facts about My Name


Sometimes people get mixed up with my name and other names like Martin, Melvin or even Marbin or something like that, but the good thing is that once they know it, they'll remember it since it's kind of easy to pronounce and not hard to memorize cause it really fits me. I am not sure why people had NEVER EVER made fun of my name before cause maybe it's not funny or anything but if they did make fun of it, I might have forgotten it. Mostly everyone has I story behind their name but I don't and I am getting pretty mad...But I do know that my last name means horse in Chinese. When I searched up my name on the Internet, it said that Marvin means; "uncertain, possibly eminent marrow." I have no idea what that means what sometimes, I am uncertain like on the first day or school, my humanities teacher asked me what my name is, I don't know why but couldn't answer for some reason and till this day I still can't figure it out, I said "errr..... Marvin!" Some people laughed. And now, sometimes at school, when my humanities teacher calls me, she adds a short "errr..." before saying my name, Marvin.
I chose the picture above because first of all, it is kind of funny and second because this was the best one I could find.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Really great writing - lots of voice. The anecdotes added depth to this piece. Well done. Add space before sourcing information please.